Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gwen Ifill wore my jewelry on PBS Washington Week last night.

I must admit -- I love her, I love the show and I was completely humbled.

Gwen came into our shop, The Pyramid Atlantic Community Arts Store, in Silver Spring, MD, (Washington DC). She was doing a book promotion as a benefit for her sorority. The evening was delightful as she introduced her wonderful new book -- Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama, and spoke openly and forthrightly to us all.

I asked her to choose one of my sets telling her I'd be thrilled to see her wear it on her show. She chose a Lapis Lazuli set and loved it so much she promised to design her Friday night's outfit around it. During the show I could hardly hear what they were speaking about I was so thrilled to see the jewelry...

No comments: