Saturday, April 7, 2012

Russian Painted Porcelain


If you follow my jewelry, you know I am pretty married to stones and gemstones. Basically ... that's what I do. I like artisan glass for instance, and clay and wood ... but it doesn't move me like stones. All of my jewelry is made with gemstones and semi-precious stones, as a rule.

Well ... I guess all good rules are meant to be broken! When I saw these porcelain beads I gasped ... almost like when I see a gorgeous sample of turquoise. They are truly stunning, and the quality is undeniable.

Made by a small Eastern European outfit, they are created and painted in the ancient Russian Pysanski style. I have only seen them represented there so are truly a unique find. Right now I have 3 pairs of earrings and a couple necklaces in the shop, but I will follow with more pendants and necklaces.

No comments: