Friday, June 7, 2013

I took my annual trip to the gem show in Tucson in February. I am becoming a regular.  I know my way around the venues that I frequent. People recognize me. I'm in on the gossip even. I know stuff! I remember when I first went it was so overwhelming. I never dreamed I would get to this point.

They are still not mining turquoise in China, which is changing the whole market. I am sticking to American turquoise. Lot's of turquoise from the Sleepig Beauty mine, but also Kingman, and even a few strands of very expensive Bisbee Turquoise, which is all mined out.

It is just so beautiful, and high quality. And now it's the same price ... so why not? Seriously. Why would you buy the Chinese stuff if it's the same price?




Just look at the blue!
Also feel like my style has evolved ... though I'd be curious if you feel the same. You can click on any of the photos to see the piece in my online shop ...

No comments: