Friday, March 23, 2012

I am a turquoise hoarder ...


I am so drawn to turquoise. When I go to the shows I wait and dedicate some real time to finding the best (to my taste) turquoise. It used to be that you could get some pretty beautiful Chinese turquoise -- very blue and lovely -- for much less than what most people consider the best (from Arizona). But nowadays, they have closed their mines, and the prices are compatible with Arizona Turquoise. So what? I just stick with the real thing. The gold Standard. Usually Sleeping Beauty, but sometimes Kingman or some of the other AZ mines.

You would think then that I would get back to my studio and go wild. NO. It sits there like a precious relic in it's original packaging. Somehow it's comforting ....

Well, I looked through my Etsy shop the other day and realized I have very little turquoise in it. You should see how much turquoise I have!!! Anyway -- cracked some out today. ... I do get shortness of breath around the stuff ... (really). And somehow ... it just asks for gold. I just think it's one of nature's wonders...





No comments: