Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Silver

Every year my studio inventory grows and grows to the point where now if I want to work with a certain stone I just have to look to see what shape or quality I want. As my collection and inventory of stones increases I have started to have the freedom and interest to buy and create new sterling findings and beads, etc. I know .925 Sterling Silver has gotten expensive -- boy do I know! And sometimes it's tempting to shy away just to keep the costs of the final products down. But in the end, it just adds so much to the jewelry. This year I splurged and bought some beautiful and more unique Bali sterling -- more than just the usual spacers, clasps, etc. I haven't gotten around to using most of it, but here are a couple of examples:




Even sparsely used it's amazing how the silver adds a richness and elegant character to the Blue Kyanite Bracelet and the freshwater pearl bracelet. (Either bracelet can be found in the Bracelet section of my Etsy shop.

No comments: